In the Master Class, we’ll focus on a different element of the craft every week. There’ll be weekly film-viewing assignment and in-class writing exercises. Participants will also submit scripts, treatments, and story pitches for in-class review. Class time is a combination of lecture, discussion, in-class writing exercises, professional script excerpts, and critiques of participants’ story outlines.
Here is the syllabus week-to-week:
- Screenplay story structure & plot development
- Character development & advanced dialogue writing
- Formatting and scene & action description & Mini-slug action writing
- Scene and sequence construction, pacing, and transitions.
- Advanced topics (i.e., tone, theme, imagery, voice)
Peter Baloff has written and produced movies and TV shows for many of the major studios and networks, including Universal, Disney, NBC and Fox.
Parking and snacks included. Dial #400 on the keypad at the front of the Downtown Media Center. Seats are limited to 15 people, so register today!