I'M NOT GONNA MOVE TO L.A.
(not your ordinary) monthly film festival
we want you to be known & known for what you love to do
How on Earth do you get your film or talents rolling? We asked that very same question. After 3 years of brainstorming and trials and errors we made this film festival. It is designed for actors to meet emerging filmmakers, it is designed for filmmakers to connect with talented people & it is also designed for show runners & producers to meet face to face emerging talents in the South East region of the US. If you survive this film festival YOU CAN SURVIVE THEM ALL!
FLORIDA ACTORS x FILMMAKERS x FILM STUDIOS
Ok! Here is how it works! Submit your movie - if you make the cut then you promote - be prepared to answer questions - get ready to network - pitch your next film project - listen and look around when your movie is playing. It's worth the ride!
a hard to please miami AUDIENCE
Miami is an event town. If this the theater is packed. It is because they expect quality. We encourage movie loving knowledgeable audiences to see the works of Florida filmmakers. Some filmmakers travel from far away to make their special night in Miami. We encourage audiences to talk to the actors & filmmakers as they continue their arduous path towards making cinema
WHERE DOES THE SCREENING TAKE PLACE?
- O Cinema Wynwood, 90 NW 29th Street, Miami, Florida 33127
IS THERE PARKING?
- Yes, there is street parking outside the theater. To pay, you can use the City of Miami's Pay By Phone app or use the cash meter parking 1 block away from the venue.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ATTEND THE SCREENING?
- Tickets are $12 in advance and $14 at the door. FilmGate members can purchase tickets for $8 in advance using a special promotional code.
CAN I PROMOTE MY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AT THE SCREENING?
- Only members for FilmGate To learn more about becoming a member, visit the membership page.
WHAT IS THE ORDER OF THE EVENTS INSIDE I'M NOT GONNA MOVE TO L.A.?
- PERCOLATOR (SPECIAL SKILL SET ( ACTORS ) / FILM PROJECT/IDEA PITCH SESSION ONLY)
- FILM INDUSTRY GUEST GREETINGS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE AND FILM SCREENINGS
- RAPID FIRE Q&A with FILMMAKERS
- FUZZY FOOTBALL VOTING
- ACTOR / FILMMAKER / JUDGES NETWORKER SPONSORED BY BOUSA BREWERY (AFTER EVENT)
- AWARD ANNOUNCEMENTS
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FILMS?
- Filmmakers MUST be based in the state of Florida, and MUST be able to attend the screening for Q&A & Industry Pro connections
- Films must not exceed 28 minutes in length
- we work with Industry Standard Cinemas - so if the color levels of your film or sound of your film is off - Then its off!
can i promote before the event?
Yes! Our audiences respect filmmakers that put their time and effort for their movie. Also it helps with you as a filmmakers with the Audience Award.
@FILMGATEMIAMI twitter & facebook | @FILMGATE_INTERACTIVE on Instagram