FILMGATE EXPRESS LINK
WHAT IS NOLA?
I'm Not Gonna Move to L.A. (NOLA) is a monthly short film festival celebrating local filmmakers. On the first Wednesday of every month, we invite fun-loving film enthusiasts to O Cinema Wynwood to partake in a unique experience that features a "percolator" to pitch ideas, film trivia, the sounds of Miami-based musicians, lots of networking and the star of the night, the screening of shorts produced by local filmmakers.
WHY IT MATTERS
NOLA is the only event of its kind for local creatives. We provide a platform for artists to perform for a diverse audience, and an opportunity for filmmakers to test-run their film in front of their friends, family and strangers before they send it off to festivals. We create a fun and dynamic atmosphere designed to promote networking relationships and build the film community here in South Florida.
Each film screened at NOLA has the chance to be named the winner of one (or both!) of the following awards:
Judges' Choice - FilmGate Interactive 2016 Nominee: A team of judges will be present each month to determine which film will go on to screen at the Best of NOLA event at FilmGate Interactive in February 2016. Besides being awarded the Judges' Choice for the month, they will compete against all of the previous NOLA winners for the Pink Kraken Best Short of the Year award!
Audience Award Winner: With fuzzy stuffed animals serving as the voter ballot, the audience award winner receives a one-year Filmmaker Membership with FilmGate Miami (valued at $150)
INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING A FILM TO
I'M NOT GONNA MOVE TO L.A.?
I'M NOT GONNA MOVE TO L.A.
WHERE DOES THE SCREENING TAKE PLACE?
- O Cinema Wynwood, 90 NW 29th Street, Miami, Florida 33127
IS THERE PARKING?
- Yes, there is street parking outside the theater. To pay, you can use the City of Miami's Pay By Phone app or use the cash meter parking 1 block away from the venue.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ATTEND THE SCREENING?
- Tickets are $12 in advance and $14 at the door. FilmGate members can purchase tickets for $8 in advance using a special promotional code.
CAN I PROMOTE MY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AT THE SCREENING?
- Only FilmGate "305 All Business" / "Non-Profit" can screen a 30 second promo video or take advantage of a 5-minute time slot on stage before the screening begins, but feel free to bring business cards and network! To learn more about becoming a member, visit the membership page.
WHAT IS THE order of the events inside i'm not gonna move to l.a.?
- PERCOLATOR (COFFEE & FILM PROJECT/IDEA PITCH SESSION)
- FILM TRIVIA
- FILM INDUSTRY GUEST GREETINGS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE AND FILM SCREENINGS
- RAPID FIRE Q&A with FILMMAKERS
- FUZZY FOOTBALL VOTING
- LIVE MUSIC
- FILM COMMUNITY NETWORKER SPONSORED BY CONCRETE BEACH BREWERY (AFTER EVENT)
- AWARD ANNOUNCEMENTS
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FILMS?
- Filmmakers must be based in Miami, and should be able to attend the screening
- Films must not exceed 28 minutes in length. Films in the range of 2-10 mins have been very well received by past audiences.